What is PST? The most commonly question asked from users of Outlook which is the client side tool used for emailing. PST is personal storage table which is used by the Outlook to save all the attributes in it and make it available for the time when it is needed. PST is the concept which is behind Outlook.
The attributes like inbox, drafts, calendar, task, contacts, nick name and many more are saved in the PST files. Indirectly proportional to it, there is file name OST which is offline storage table and used when user is working at offline mode these OST can be later to PST files and all the work done offline is converted to online.
Why to use the PST and why to use OST if we have on Outlook. Have a technical light focus on an Outlook working. This tool is basically built for the users who have to interact with the mails often. When communicating with mails the server are employed to do the task, and sometimes these servers are busy and cannot respond to the users so frequently, so for the reason this tool is built which gives the user a platform to work with his emails and convert those offline work to online.
There PST sometime are corrupted which directly affects the Outlook and make it stop form working. When PST is corrupted one’s configuration is corrupted and all the workings which he have done can be lost. Again the thing to ask is whether there is option to overcome from the corruption or the attributes data is lost completely. Yes to repair PST on outlook 2010 we have number of option, one is to do the repairing of files.
To do the repairing of files PST repair tool is needed which can be download from internet. But all these scenarios are last option we have some defender precautions which can save from corruption. Before that we need to see all the scenarios of corruption.
- Oversized of PST file that means, if the capacity of PST is overruled with the size of data, which varies with different version of Outlook.
- Sharing of PST files on those networks which are not secured.
- Compressing of files for portability purpose.
- Using pirated OS or third party tool, or none licensed software.
There are some precautions which are meant to avoid the data loss and defend against all the known scenarios.
- Using updated antivirus in the system so that virus attack can be avoided which can be the main reason for data corruption.
- Use always licensed version of the software so as to void the software glitches.
- Better to have a strong back up sources for PST file so as to refrain the data regularity.
After all these precautions, if still one fails to save the file from getting corrupted then there is another option and that is option of repairing of files. There are number of softwares which can be downloaded from internet. Trial version of downloads are so easily available on internet.